Concord Historical Society
Celebrating Our Place in History
Concord Museum and Event Center Capital Campaign
Since the City of Concord transferred the Galindo Home and Gardens to the Concord Historical Society in 2010, your Concord Historical Society (CHS) has committed to developing a complementary museum and event center. Completion of the Concord Museum and Event Center (CMEC), together with the Galindo Home and Gardens, will provide Concord with a wonderful history, event and cultural center benefiting the community, its school children, and scholars. And, it will be self-supporting from rental income of the Center’s features, the Gazebo and Garden.
What we have accomplished so far –
- Galindo Home and Gardens renovated and opened in late 2012 – cost to CHS: $320,000
- Land adjacent to the Galindo Home and Gardens purchased. Concord Masonic Temple relocated to this property in May 2013. Vital, fundamental renovation is transforming this landmark into the future Concord Museum and Event Center.
- Completed renovation of CMEC’s first floor where CHS and the community will hold events. Dave Brubeck performed in this Hall – cost : $730,000
Remaining to be done –
- Complete the second floor, future home of the Concord History Museum. Connect both floors with a three-level building addition to contain a research center, staging area for first-floor events, caterer’s kitchen and basement for storage, all joined by stairs and an ADA elevator – Estimated cost : $ 500,000.
- Open the Concord Museum and Event Center to the public – estimated benefit: PRICELESS
Thanks to members, benefactors and supporters of the Concord Historical Society, over a million dollars has restored the National Registered Historic Place Galindo Home and completed over 75% of the work to restore and open the Concord Museum and Event Center. Raising the last $500,000 needed is no small undertaking.
We need your help now. Become a part of this significant accomplishment, and make it happen, in one of the following ways:
- Send your check to Concord Historical Society, PO Box 404, Concord, CA 94522. Your gift in any amount will be greatly appreciated and are tax deductible as allowed by law.
- Invest in Concord’s future online through the “Protect Concord History” button at www.ConcordHistorical.org.
- Contact CHS through www.ConcordHistorical.org or by calling: (925) 827-3380.
- Make a gift to the Society in your Will or Trust.
- View CMEC updates on www.ConcordHistorical.org, under the “News” tab, and mention these postings on your Facebook page.