The Museum is open the first and third Sunday of each month (except for holidays) from 1:00-4:00 pm for a Progress Preview.
Entry is free while we continue to work on displays. Come and see a preview of Concord’s history.

L. V. Perry

Master Carpenter

L. V. Perry

Laurence V. Perry was a native of St. Georges Island, the Azones. After his arrival in Concord, at the turn of the century, he joined his brothers’ growing construction business. Laurence soon married Isabelle Nunez, whose family had settles in the Morgan Territory. They had one daughter, Laurine, now Mrs. C.J. Boissonou who resides in Oregon. The original locations of Laurence and Isabelle Perry’s House was 2320 Clayton Road, present location of the Tishman skyscraper and BART‘s west parking lot. The Perrys occupied the top floor, usually leasing the ground floor flat to local school teachers- among them was Bertha Romaine, longtime Mt. Diablo High School Principal. The structure was moved in 1981 to its present location at 1990 Concord Avenue (northwest corner with Salvio Street). It is thought to b the sole surviving example of the classic revival style popular at the turn of the century. It presently houses the New Front Room Restaurant. Designated Concord Historical Landmark 8-14-85/28. Many of Concord’s early, notably, structures were built by Perry.

Foskett House
Foskett House
Among them: the Frank Foskett House along east side of Galindo Street. It’s site now is occupied by the Bank of America Complex.
The Masonic Temple Hall is located at 1765 Galindo Street (west side between Clayton Road and Concord Blvd.) It is designated as Concord Historical Landmark 8-12-87/36.
Masonic Temple Hall
Masonic Temple Hall
The Bibber House
The Bibber House

The Bibber House was built in 1912 for Charles Bibler, who served as Deputy County Assessor and was an organizer of Concord’s initial First Presbyterian Church. The stucco house, at 2108 Grant Street (northeast corner with Pacheco Street), is representative of an eclectic approach to Classic/Greek Revival Style. It was well known for its internal wood paneling and beautifully finished staircase. The 30 inch rock wall, which surrounds the house, has attracted generations of Concord’s aspiring young “tightrope walkers.” The Bibbers always rented a room to local school teachers. The structure is now used as professional offices for Bill Gray M.D., Vicky Meneor M.D. and the Ambul-Cab Company.

Bibber House is Concord Historical Landmark 7-10-85/25. Other prominent Concord structures also were built by this skilled craftsman; among them were: Neustaedter House, Landmark 2-9-77/12 – a private residence at 2156 Grant Street; Vasconi House – replaced by the high-rise bank complez; Russi House – used as Concord House, a residence for the developmentally disabled at the northwest corner of Mt. Diablo and Almond Streets; Eddy House, Landmark 8-12-87/35 – being restored for commercial used at the 1800 Clayton Road southeast corner with Asbury Drive; Keller House,Landmark 1-25-84/21 – a City facility at 1760 Clayton Road in Ellis Lake Park; the second Concord Elementary School- along northside of Willow Pass Road; and the Mt. Diablo Union High School’s original Gymnasium and Auditorium, Landmark site 3-12-80/19 – replaced by new music/administration facilities on east side of Grant Street. Lawrence V. Perry died in 1941.