Concord Historical Society ~ Building a Future that Preserves the Past
Concord Museum and Event Center Capital Campaign
Since the City of Concord transferred the Galindo Home and Gardens to the Concord Historical Society in 2010 and the Society opened these to the public in 2012, your Concord Historical Society (CHS) has focused on developing a complementary Concord museum and event center.
Completion of the Concord Museum and Event Center (CMEC), taken together with the Galindo Home and Gardens, will provide the city and region with a wonderful history and event campus – a center of civic pride.
So far –
- Galindo Home and Gardens renovated and opened in late 2012 – cost to CHS: $320,000
- Land adjacent to the Galindo Home and Gardens purchased. Concord Masonic Temple relocated to this property in May 2013. Vital, fundamental renovation is transforming this landmark into the future Concord Museum and Event Center – cost to CHS: $730,000
- Complete renovation of CMEC’s first floor where CHS and the community will hold events. Complete the second floor, home to the Concord museum. Connect both floors with a three-level addition: research center on top, staging area for first-floor events, and basement for storage, all joined by stairs and elevator – estimated cost to CHS: $1,000,000
- Open the Concord Museum and Event Center to the public – estimated benefit: priceless
Thanks to members, benefactors and supporters of the Concord Historical Society, over a million dollars has opened the Galindo Home and positioned the Concord Museum and Event Center on a firm foundation. Raising the next million dollars—the Concord Museum and Event Center Capital Campaign—is no small undertaking. Read more …
Let’s do it:
- Put the First Annual Concord Historical Society Capital Campaign Dinner-Auction Fundraiser on your calendar, October 17, 2015. Plan to attend and invite those prepared to contribute toward this immense undertaking. Read more …
- Join the Capital Campaign Dinner-Auction Fundraiser Committee to help with planning and conducting this special event. Ask friends and businesses for auction items that will reward generous donors. Read more …
To rally around this worthwhile project:
- View CMEC updates on www.ConcordHistorical.org, under the “News” tab, and mention this on your Facebook page.
- Contact the Fundraiser coordinators: Vivian Boyd (818-2312), Carole Kelsch (934-8631), Brad Morimune (674-9126) or Carol Longshore (330-6057)